2, 4 one

20.9.08 , Posted by Geoff Thorne at 11:36

Well. It's that time again. I've been meaning to do tis for months and now I've finally got off my butt to do it. Periodically I like to highlight people I've met (or have known for years) who are doing something worth letting people know about. First up is one Warren Drummond- personal friend and gifted artist. For many years warren has been working as a professional storyboard and "pre visualization" artist for film and TV out here in LA. While, like all the arts, being a pro in his field means running a professional gauntlet for each and every job that would make the average worker cringe into the fetal position, Warren seems totally unfazed by the gladiatorial nature of his profession. Competition is stiff, in other words, and most people like to keep what they know to themselves. Not Warren. He keeps a blog HERE, detailing his ups and downs and the nuts and bolts aspects of what it really means to do what he does. If you want to do it or learn about what it actually is, do yourself a favor and check it out. Second up is Gregory Pence, someone from the other end of the spectrum. I just met Greg a little while ago. He's young, extremely energetic and, i think, a straight shooter. He's also a gifted new talent with a lot to say about a lot of things and I think, someone who folks will be hearing about in years to come. I'm jumping on now so that later, when I need a loan or something, I can call Greg and he'll feel he owes me. I'm nakedly self-serving that way. here's an example of one of Greg's political cartoons, used by permission. and here is his link. RIGHT HERE! That is all.

Currently have 0 comments: